One of the best ways to celebrate July 4th is with music, and several of your favorite stars helped provide the soundtrack to this year’s festivities.
On NBC’s “Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular,” Kelly Clarksonkicked things off with “Stronger” and later returned to perform “Heat,” while her version of “God Bless America,” with the West Point Band and Glee Club, played during the fireworks display.
Other performances included:
- Blake Shelton performed “Honeybee,” “Gonna” and the Jerry Reed classic “She Got The Goldmine,” from the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.
- American Authors performed “Best Day of My Life” and “Deep Water” on the roof of a New York building with the Empire State in the background.
- Keith Urban performed “Never Coming Down” and “Coming Home,” featuring Julia Michaels (on tape), from his “Graffiti U Tour” stop in Michigan.
- Ricky Martin shared a performance of “Livin’ La Vida Loca” and “Shake Your Bon Bon” from his residency at the park Theater in Las Vegas.
- Brandon Victor Dixon and the Harlem Gospel Choir performed “America The Beautiful.”
Meanwhile, PBS’s annual “A Capitol Fourth” also had quite a lineup of performers. The show was once again hosted by John Stamos, with performances by:
- Pentatonix, who kicked things off with “Sing” although they had some technical difficulties and later returned for a mash-up of Zedd’s "Stay” and “The Middle.”
- “The Voice’s” Kyla Jade sang the National Anthem.
- Jimmy Buffett was on hand to introduce the cast of “Escape to Margaritaville” who performed a medley that included “License to Chill,” “Cheeseburger in Paradise,” “One Particular Harbor,” and “Fins,” before Buffett returned to perform “Margaritaville.”
- Luke Combs got the crowd moving with “Honky Tonk Highway.”
- The Temptations performed a medley of classics, “Get Ready,” “The Way You Do The Things You Do” and “My Girl.”
- Lauren Alaina, in a dress of stars, performed “Road Less Traveled and was joined on stage by a female drum line.
- Andy Grammer was joined by the Ministers of Music for “Back Home.”
- The Beach Boys, who were honored with this year’s of A Capitol Fourth’s National Artistic Achievement Award, were joined by Stamos for “Get Around,” and then joined by Buffett for “Fun, Fun, Fun,” and “Kokomo.”
- CeCe Winans sang “God Bless America” as the fireworks were set off behind her, while Renee Fleming performed “America the Beautiful.”
Source: Dr. Dave’s Ultimate Prep