CMA Fest took over Nashville this weekend, with tons of events and music happening all over Music City.
Among the highlights
- Brothers Osborne shared their Thursday night Nissan Stadium set with Brooks & Dunn, bringing them out to perform “Hard Workin’ Man,” the song they collaborated on for the pair’s recent album “Reboot.” The Brothers then played backing band as Brooks & Dunn performed “You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone,” which featured a special appearance by Ashley McBryde.
- Kelsea Ballerini also had a guest during her set, The Chainsmokers, with the acts performing their collaboration “This Feeling.”
- Day one at Nissan also featured sets by Tanya Tucker, with a guest appearance by Brandi Carlilie, Kane Brown, Midland, Rascal Flatts, and Florida Georgia Line, who brought out Hardy, for “Y’All Boys,” and Morgan Wallen for “Up Down.”
- The special guests continued during day two, with Carrie Underwoodbringing out Joan Jett for “I Hate Myself for Loving You,” "Bad Reputation,” and “Crimson and Clover,” before ending their performance with “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll.” “Dreams come true at #CMAFest ! This was mine,” Carrie later tweeted. “Just to be in the same room as @joanjett is really cool...to share the stage with her is indescribable! She truly is a legend and is probably the coolest person I have ever met...” Check out some of the performance to the right.
- Eric Church took the Nissan Stadium stage with just his guitar and no backing band, treating the crowd to a medley that packed a whopping 17 songs into just 30 minutes. The set included such songs as “Mistress Named Music,” “Wrecking Ball,” “Some of It,” and “Desperate Man,” as well as covers like “Night Moves and “Gin and Juice.” He ended the entire thing with his classic “Springsteen.” Check it out to the right.
- Day two also featured hits-filled sets from Little Big Town, Dan + Shay, and Thomas Rhett, who brought out Jon Pardi for their collaboration “Beer Can’t Fix”
- Day three saw Miranda Lambert treat the audience to a brand new song, “Locomotive,” telling the crowd it was the first time she was performing the track ever. “I chose it for CMA Fest because it's total country punk-rock," she told The Tennessean, regarding her choice to debut the song. "It's just fun. It really is a reflection of who I am right now." Her set also featured an appearance by her Pistol Anniesbandmates. Check out her performance of “Locomotive” to the right.
- Although it wasn’t much of a surprise, Billy Ray Cyrus welcomed Lil Nas X during his Nissan set for their hit song “Old Town Road,” although the crowd got quite a treat when Keith Urban joined the pair on the song. Check it out to the right.
- Tim McGraw paid tribute to Randy Travis during his Nissan set, performing “On the Other Hand.” “Ladies and gentlemen, Randy Travis is right there in the front, come on,” he said, drawing applause from the audience. “How much better can it be in Nashville than to be in a stadium and have Randy Travis on the front row?” Tim also delivered a set filled with hits, including “Truck Yeah,” “Shotgun Rider,” and more, and was even joined by Luke Combs for “Real Good Man.”
- Combs, and his red solo cup, treated the Nissan crowd to a set filled with hits like “Hurricane” and “Beautiful Crazy,” along with songs from his new EP “The Prequel,” including “Beer Never broke My Heart.”
- Dierks Bentley stopped during his Nissan set to dedicate the song “I Hold On” to fellow singer Granger Smith, whose three-year-old son River tragically died in a drowning accident last week. Dierks also welcomed Tenille Townes to the stage, who performed Trisha Yearwood’s “She’s In Love with the Boy,” and Deana Carter’s“Strawberry Wine,” before joining Dierks for his tune Different for Girls.”
View this post on Instagram
So #CMAFest is always full of surprise guests but when @joanjett joined @carrieunderwood on stage tonight the crowd was blown away!! . Be sure to register your interest in our 2020 CMA Fest Packages so you can join the fun next time !! Link in bio . . #musictravel #mttcrew #mttcrew2019 #cmafest2019 #cmafest #nissanstadium #carrieunderwood #joanjett #nashville
View this post on Instagram
Source: Dr. Dave's Ultimate Prep